Mission: To provide effective, energetic support to the administrative operations of the office. This position answers to the Administrator.
Areas of Responsibility:
- provide support for Office Manager as directed (answer phones, distribute mail, assist people with copies/supplies, data entry, etc)
- front desk reception: greet and direct visitors, answer inquiries, assist students and teachers
- to receive sick or injured students according to school procedures and policies
- receive, format, and send school-wide communications and documents
- modify/update website content and layout and interface with developers
- produce online monthly newsletter using Microsoft Publisher or Photoshop
- produce online weekly announcements
- assist in the ordering, inventory, and distribution of all classroom, office, and first aid supplies
- maintain first aid kits and emergency cards
- participate in monthly emergency drills according to school procedures
- assist with annual electronic surveys
- assist with database troubleshooting
- maintain photo archives and take photographs as needed
- interface with IT service providers
- conduct and/or assist with scoliosis screenings (training provided)
- other duties as assigned
- proficiency with computers, software, website content management and basic troubleshooting ability (Microsoft Office Suite, survey monkey, etc.)
- excellent organizational skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- detail oriented
- self-directed, able to carry out assignments without supervision
- familiarity with HTML (preferred)
- must enjoy working with children
- energetic, can-do attitude
This is a full time hourly position, twelve month year, 37.5 hours/weekly, 8-4 all school days, 1/2 hour unpaid lunch break. Summer hours are approximately 25 hours/week. Start date June 2013.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation- hourly rate commensurate with experience
Vacations- two weeks annually on an accrued basis to be coordinated with Administrator
Health Insurance- according to the school’s current plan and provider
Holidays- all regular school holidays
Please send the following four items: a cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and completed AWS Employment Application in one PDF to the Administrator of the Austin Waldorf School at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title in the subject line. This application process is designed to assess your attention to detail and will serve to screen applicants, so take heed.
Fourth Grade Class Teacher
Fourth Grade Class Teacher Opening For the 2013-2014 School Year
The Austin Waldorf School is seeking a trained Waldorf Class Teacher to take over in the Fourth Grade year. We hope for the successful candidate to continue with the normal class teaching cycle through eighth grade. If you have completed Waldorf Class Teacher training, and would like to apply please submit the following four documents to email@example.com:
- cover letter
- completed AWS Employment Application. This document cannot be filled out online (sorry). You will have to print it out and scan it and email it.
- contact information for a minimum of three professional references
Summer Camp Positions - click job title to view job descriptions
For summer camp positions, send letter of intent, resume, and references to Alex Abbott, Auxiliary Revenues Coordinator, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Roadrunner Specialty Teacher
If you have lived in Texas for all of the past 5 years, please complete the in-state background check. If you have NOT lived in Texas for any amount of time in the past 5 years, please complete the out-of-state background check.
Austin as a Place to Work and Live
Our beautiful 19-acre campus is situated in the hills outside the Austin city limits. It consists of three kindergartens, eight grade school classrooms, a library, a handwork room, a seven-classroom high school including state-of-the-art science and computer labs, a gymnasium, a eurythmy hall, two art studios, a performing art center with a 350 seat auditorium and two rehearsal rooms, a school store, gardens and three playgrounds.
Austin is a family-oriented city located in the heart of the Hill Country in central Texas. Many of our teachers own homes near the campus. It is a region of rich natural beauty, surrounded by cedar and live-oak trees and filled with creeks, rivers, and a chain of highland lakes. Austin is the state capital and home of the University of Texas, which offers a myriad of cultural and recreational events. Although we serve the Austin community, our location on the edge of town makes it possible to live in a country setting.
The Novalis Branch of the Anthroposophical Society of Texas sponsors study groups, festivals and conferences. We are also fortunate to have a professional Eurythmy ensemble in Austin.
If you are interested in joining a warm, hospitable and growing community such as ours, please submit your cover letter, resume, contact information for a minimum of three professional references and a completed employment application. The Austin Waldorf School is a non-profit organization that welcomes applicants of any religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender preference, national or ethnic origin.