Extended Care Help Wanted
7:30 am - 8:30 am AND 8:00 am - 8:30 am
Current CPR/FA Certification
Background Check (as required by the State of Texas)
Attend paid orientation/training session
For more information, please contact:
Chris Eason, Extended Care Program Coordinator
512-288-5942 ext. 246, or email@example.com
Austin Waldorf High School
Part-Time German Teacher Position (10th grade)
The Austin Waldorf School is seeking a part time German teacher in the high school for the 2014-15 school year. This position would be teaching 4 periods per week.
The position is responsible for:
• Teaching German, 10th grade, (4 periods/week) and attending one departmental meeting per week.
• Working closely with the World Language teachers and coordinating a unified curriculum across World Languages
• Using total immersion as much as possible both inside and outside the classroom
• Stimulating the intellectual, artistic and will capacities of the adolescent through methodologies and curriculum that engage the students in daily listening comprehension, speaking, reading comprehension and writing skill development
• Utilizing textbooks and creating teaching resources in coordination with the high school World Languages Department, that will bring the 4-year program on to the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG) accepted levels of achievement and mastery
• Administering the AATG national exams every spring
• Writing grade reports four times a year (with grade averages and narrative descriptions demonstrating close observation of the student) adhering to the AWS narrative standards
• Meeting with parents individually if necessary, and attending parent evening throughout the year
The Austin Waldorf School encourages its teachers to pursue the study of Anthroposophy and Waldorf education and offers adult education opportunities to parents and employees. Courses in Foundations Studies in Anthroposophy and Waldorf teacher training are available in Austin, as well as at various institutes across the continent.
• This is a part time hourly position.
• Wage: $35/period (because time spent in preparation and report writing varies from person to person, it is not paid separately, but has been considered in the determining of the overall hourly rate.)
Please send the following four items to firstname.lastname@example.org and put HS German in the subject line.
- cover letter
- contact information for three professional references
- completed AWS Employment Application
If you have lived in Texas for all of the past 5 years, please complete the in-state background check. If you have NOT lived in Texas for any amount of time in the past 5 years, please complete the out-of-state background check.
Austin as a Place to Work and Live
Our beautiful 19-acre campus is situated in the hills outside the Austin city limits. It consists of three kindergartens, eight grade school classrooms, a library, a handwork room, a seven-classroom high school including state-of-the-art science and computer labs, a gymnasium, a eurythmy hall, two art studios, a performing art center with a 350 seat auditorium and two rehearsal rooms, a school store, gardens and three playgrounds.
Austin is a family-oriented city located in the heart of the Hill Country in central Texas. Many of our teachers own homes near the campus. It is a region of rich natural beauty, surrounded by cedar and live-oak trees and filled with creeks, rivers, and a chain of highland lakes. Austin is the state capital and home of the University of Texas, which offers a myriad of cultural and recreational events. Although we serve the Austin community, our location on the edge of town makes it possible to live in a country setting.
The Novalis Branch of the Anthroposophical Society of Texas sponsors study groups, festivals and conferences. We are also fortunate to have a professional Eurythmy ensemble in Austin.
If you are interested in joining a warm, hospitable and growing community such as ours, please submit your cover letter, resume, contact information for a minimum of three professional references and a completed employment application. The Austin Waldorf School is a non-profit organization that welcomes applicants of any religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender preference, national or ethnic origin.